The Memorial University of Newfoundland is a renowned university in Canada. The University offers a variety of bachelor and master degree programs. The country (Canada) where the University is, want to grow their international student population, so you can expect a warm welcome. For some international students in Memorial University of Newfoundland, the university offers world class education.
Usually, the first attractions in this university are a first-rate education, a variety of study opportunities and safe and friendly communities. The following are further information about the Memorial University of Newfoundland.
About The Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada
MUN is Atlantic Canada’s premiere comprehensive university and is the only university in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Read also: Top 30 Best Universities In Europe
Why Choose to Study in Memorial University of Newfoundland
– Generally, Canadian universities are recognized for their high quality and the excellence of their academic standards. They are still ranked among the best internationally. The Memorial University of Newfoundland, is no exception.
– Degrees attained in Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada, are recognized around the world, and international students choose this university, to pursue graduate studies that will lead to successful careers.
– The excellent quality of teaching, the availability of professors, the freedom to choose flexible and interdisciplinary programs, and on-the-job training are highly valued by international students.
– In addition, Memorial University of Newfoundland, offers a handful of undergraduate and graduate programs, in addition to professional and certificate programs, in a wide range of disciplines.
– If you wish to obtain a permanent residence in Canada, study in Memorial University of Newfoundland. Just like studying in other universities in Canada, studying in Memorial University of Newfoundland, could make it easier for international students to obtain permanent residence in the country.
– In fact, Memorial University of Newfoundland, offer many programs that offer hands-on experience, including co-op programs, where classroom instruction is alternated with on-the-job training and internships.
Programs / Courses Offered in The University
As mentioned earlier, the university offers a vast array of bachelor and master degree programs. Some of these programs are:
Environment and sustainability,
Engineering and applied science,
Technology and ocean instrumentation,
Human kinetics and recreation,
University researchers perform more than 50 percent of all the research and development in the province.
Memorial University of Newfoundland Rankings
Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada is recognized as one Canada’s best universities. It also has high placed value amongst other universities in the world.
#601-700 in ARWU (Shanghai Ranking) 2020
#701-750 in QS 2021 World University Ranking
#501-600 in Times Higher Education (THE) 2021
#703 in US News & World Report 2021
Campuses and Faculties in Memorial University of Newfoundland
MUN has several campuses, each unique. Students at the main campus in St. John’s benefit from a wide variety of programs and state-of-the-art facilities, including one of the best library systems in Canada. Memorial’s newest campus, Signal Hill Campus, focuses on 21st century issues by connecting the expertise and ideas of Memorial students, faculty, staff and the people and organizations of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Also, on the small but spectacular Grenfell Campus in Corner Brook, artists and fine arts students find their inspiration in the stunning landscape and culture of the area, while researchers and science students live to protect its natural wonder.
FOR CANADIAN STUDENTS
– Tuition fees, undergraduate:
$ 2,550 – $ 3,330
– Tuition fees, graduate studies:
$ 1,905 – $ 3,717
FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
– Tuition fees, undergraduate:
– Tuition fees, graduate studies:
$ 3,222 – $ 4,833
Note: In addition to tuition fees, the universities in Canada generally charge fees for goods and services supplied to students. This includes areas such as student associations, sports and health. These additional fees vary widely per university and per student and can run from a few hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars.
Admission Requirements into Memorial University of Newfoundland
If you have decided to apply into the Memorial University of Newfoundland, then thefollowing steps are for you:
– Choose your desired program
– Choose the campus
– Check our some specific admission requirements (we would outline some of the requirements below)
– Finally go online to apply
Please note that you CANNOT delete documents once you have uploaded them, so please ensure that you are uploading the correct document.
For Undergraduate degree, you must meet the following requirement:
To be eligible for admission as an International high school student, you must have graduated from a recognized university preparatory program with acceptable senior level courses in five subject areas, which usually include:
– Laboratory Science or modern or classical language
– Social Science
International applicants are also required to also provide proof of English proficiency.
Note you would be required to pay an Application fee:
For Canadian student: $60
For international students: $120
It will be wise for you to submit supporting documents and start planning your finances.
List of other universities in Canada
- University of New Brunswick
- University of New Brunswick, Saint John
- University of Northern British Columbia
- University of Ottawa
- University of Ottawa Faculty of Medicine
- University of Prince Edward Island
- University of Regina
- University of Saskatchewan
- University of Saskatchewan College of Medicine
- University of St. Jerome’s College, University of Waterloo
- University of St. Michael’s College
- University of Sudbury
- University of Toronto
- University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine
- University of Toronto, Scarborough
- University of Trinity College
- University of Victoria
- University of Waterloo
- University of Western Ontario
- University of Windsor
- University of Winnipeg
- Vancouver Community College
- Vancouver Film School
- Vancouver School of Theology
- Vancouver University Worldwide
- Vanier College
- Victoria University Toronto, University of Toronto
- WESTERVELT COLLEGE
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- York University
- Yukon College