In our article today, we are going to focus on medical university of the Americas, the tuition fees, ranking, requirements etc.
Located in Saint James Windward Parish, Saint Kitts and Nevis, the Medical University of the Americas (MUA) is a no profit medical school. The Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree is awarded to MUA graduates. Students at MUA are mostly from the United States and Canada, and many of them go on to practice medicine in those nations. At MUA, a typical incoming class consists of 80–90 students. For students who need to fulfill additional course requirements to be eligible for the M.D. program, MUA also offers a one-semester Gateway Medical pre-medical program.
Read also: List Of Top 30 UK Universities Ranking
Why Choose MUA
Medical University of the Americas was established more than 20 years ago on the belief that students learn best in small classes, with one-on-one teaching, and with a dedication to providing an education comparable to that of U.S. and Canadian medical schools. MUA has maintained its founding values and has gained a reputation for academic excellence – as well as graduate success – that has positioned it as a leader among international medical schools.
Here’s a few reasons people choose MUA:
- Intergrated, Sytems-Based Curriculum: The academic curriculum at MUA is focused on the integrated, systems-based model used by top medical schools in the United States. Interactive lectures, small-group work sessions, individual and group presentations, team-based learning, and simulations of structured patients are among the many learning opportunities available.
- Learning environment and class size: The conviction that small class sizes and significant student-teacher engagement are essential to the student experience is at the heart of MUA’s educational philosophy. This ensures that MUA students receive the one-on-one treatment they need in the basic sciences as well as continuing help during their clinical rotations. This is a crucial advantage that larger medical schools cannot have.
- Clinical Rotation: MUA, like other international medical schools, provides a comprehensive set of resources to assist students in organizing patient records, completing self-assessments, and managing other aspects of their clinical rotations. The personalized, hands-on support offered by MUA’s faculty at every point of a student’s clinical rotations is what sets MUA’s clinical program apart.
- Residency placement: MUA students are accepted into competitive residency programs in the United States and Canada in a wide variety of medical specialties. Many MUA graduates succeed in their residencies, rising to the position of Chief Resident, and many go on to seek Fellowship opportunities after completing their residency. Since 2001, 88% of MUA graduates seeking citizenship have been accepted into programs in the United States and Canada.
The Medical Board of California approved and recognized the Medical University of the Americas, Nevis on July 27, 2017. The approval honors the qualifications of students who matriculated after the new program was introduced in May 2015.
- The government of St. Kitts and Nevis Accreditation Board has granted MUA accreditation.
- The FAIMER International Medical Education Directory (IMED) and the AVICENNA Directory for medicine both list MUA.
- The New York State Education Department has approved MUA for clinical training, internship, and licensure in the state.
- The Accreditation Commission of Colleges of Medicine has granted MUA accreditation.
- The National Committee on Foreign Medical Education and Accreditation (NCFMEA) has determined that MUA’s programs are comparable.
- MUA has been granted licensure by The Commission for Independent Education and the Florida Department of Education.
- The William D. Ford Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford and Grad PLUS Loan programs, both operated by the US Department of Education, have approved Medical University of the Americas to participate.
So from the above, you can see that Medical University of the Americas has good accreditation. Let’s move on and find out more about this university.
Medical University of Americas Tuition fees
The tuition fees charged by MUA is affordable compared to most medical universities in USA, Canada and the Uk. Tuition fees for per semester ranges from $19,000 to $24,000. Here’s a breakdown of the fees:
|MD Program Basic Science Tuition per Semester (Semesters 1-5):||$19,950|
|MD Program Clinical Medicine Tuition per Semester (Semesters 6-10):||$24,350|
|Gateway Medical Program Tuition:||$8,750|
|Part-Time Tuition per Credit Hour:||$650|
Read also: Top 10 Best Universities In Canada
There’s also and application fees of $75. Click here to see the MUA fee structure and payment options.
Do you believe, you’ve got what it takes to become a doctor? If you answered “yes,” you’ve already taken a big step toward realizing your dream and meeting the medical school admissions criteria. Confidence in oneself and one’s skill is an admissions necessity, as well as a prerequisite for becoming a good medical student and, eventually, a successful physician.
Students with the enthusiasm and desire to excel in today’s rapidly evolving medical world are actively sought by Medical University of the Americas. The University welcomes students from a wide range of educational and regional backgrounds, believing that a diverse student body can only enhance the educational experience.
MUA accepts applications from students or graduates of any accredited college or university in the world. Students who do not have pre-medical coursework will enroll in MUA’s highly structured Pre-medical Program. Individuals with intermediate, associate, or doctoral degrees in basic science fields are encouraged to apply to the Medical University. Each applicant will be assessed on their own merits.
The University considers the variety of academic and scholastic disparities that occur in the world in order to improve the international representation of its student body. Students from all countries can be assured of fair consideration for admission to the medical school, including the need for an English translation and coursework assessment. Click here to get all the requirements needed to study in MUA.
Just like every other universities, MUA gives out scholarships to students especially US and Canadian applicants. Let’s briefly consider two of these scholarships.
- US Academic Scholarships
The U.S. Academic Scholarship was created by MUA to assist eligible applicants from the United States in funding their education. MUA is proud of its long-standing contribution to educating American students so that they can return home as leading members of the medical community in the United States and as ambassadors for the university. MUA also understands that attending medical school is a substantial financial investment. As a result, MUA created the U.S. Academic Scholarship to help eligible students pay for their education.
The Scholarship Committee will disburse up to US $45,000 in total over a period decided by the Scholarship Committee. Amounts applied solely to tuition fees.
Candidates will be evaluated based on a set of requirements that they have submitted with their application. The MCAT, undergraduate GPA, work history, and suggestions are all included.
Scholarships are only considered for the term in which they are applied for. When all transcripts are sent to the University, the initial screening and measurement of a GPA will take place. Candidates who meet the criteria will have their files sent to the Scholarship Committee, which will decide the amount of the award. If an applicant requests a new starting term, his or her application will be considered again, but there is no assurance that the award amount will stay the same.
Candidates will be notified of the Committee’s decision. Candidates will have three business days to accept the award by notifying the Scholarship Committee at email@example.com. Scholarship Awards will only be disbursed as a credit against tuition.
2. Canadian Achievement Scholarships
The Canadian Achievement Scholarship was founded by MUA to assist eligible Canadian applicants in financing their education. MUA’s academic community has long included a diverse and significant group of Canadian students. MUA also understands that attending medical school is a substantial financial investment. In response to this need, MUA is pleased to give qualified candidates the Canadian Achievement Scholarship, which is structured to help with the cost of tuition while also honoring previous accomplishments.
The Scholarship Committee would disburse up to US $45,000 in total, in a manner and over a period decided by the Scholarship Committee. Amounts applied only to tuition fees.
Written notice to the Scholarship Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a short statement outlining the candidate’s merits for the scholarship, as well as specifics of academic performance, including GPA, MCAT, and any other information you think is relevant. Scholarship applications must be submitted prior to the start of a student’s first semester. If a candidate’s start date is postponed, he or she must reapply for the scholarship.
The Admissions Department will notify candidates of the Committee’s decision. Candidates will have three days to respond to email@example.com and accept the award. Scholarships can only be provided as a credit against tuition.
How to apply for admission into MUA
Medical University of Americas accepts admission application through their admission portal. Ensure you have all the required documents as this will be needed during the online application process. Click here to check the requirements and submit your application.
This is how far, we shall go on this article about Medical University of Americas. If you have any question, feel free to ask here or contact the university. Kindly help us share by using the sharing buttons below.